Sunday, June 12, 2011

How does Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Work?

I constructed a recreation of a Kuka robocoaster in CATIA. I used the car from my cantilevered roller coaster simulations to save time. This is the same technology used on Harry Potter (although I'm not sure if they are actually Kuka robotics arms as I have heard Setpoint worked on them).



This is probably the closet you'll come to seeing a CAD model of the Harry Potter ride. Although I have yet to experience the Wizarding World for myself, I think the main differences between my model and Universal's is there's contains 47 robotic arms and is at a constant speed rate where my base speed is variable.



I made this in about a day so please excuse the lack of detail. The purpose was more to show proof of concept that this was possible to create with CATIA. To learn more about how Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey works read Secrets of the Forbidden Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!