Monday, February 7, 2011

What is the average age of a roller coaster?

The average life of all 121 roller coasters that I've ridden is 17 years. This means a ride is erected and thrills riders for 17 years before being demolished. The average age of all 121 roller coasters I've ridden is 22 years. This means most are over 22 years old (the oldest being Jack Rabbit at Kennywood which has been standing for 91 years. Second oldest was Big Dipper at Geauga Lake).



Why is this? There were quite a few coasters (10?) I rode at Geauga Lake which were then demolished (or moved but the way I count my track record is essentially the same thing. Basically, when a coaster I rode ceases to exist at the park where I rode it then I list it as closed which then effects the average life of a coaster stat. Make sense?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!